It’s been a long time ever since my last post about food.
But today, I am sharing with you my Creamy Carbonara recipe that I prepared last weekend. I know most of the recipes I shared before are baking recipes, but.. Hey! It’s fun to try other things, right?
I had a long weekend because of the holiday here; we stayed at my sister’s place. We used our long weekend to relax and just have fun.
Saturday, my sister asked me to cook Carbonara for lunch. I agreed right away because I looooove pasta!
Just a warning, Filipinos have their own way on how to cook carbonara. I wouldn’t say that we started this method, but this version is definitely not the traditional version. So, please understand.
Here we go.. My Creamy Spaghetti Pasta Carbonara recipe!
- 2 tsp of ground pepper
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 500 ml All Purpose Cream
- 250 ml evaporated milk
- 250 g Ham (sliced into box shape)
- 500 g Tuna (Flakes and Oil)
- 1 tsp of iodised salt
- 800 g spaghetti pasta
- 400 g mushroom (sliced)
- 200 g cheddar cheese
1. Cook tuna in the pan (I used it’s oil to cook it), let it stay there for at least 15 mins before adding the ham. Once the ham and tuna are ready, set it aside. Do not throw the oil.
2. In the same pan, cook the garlic, then add the mushroom. Wait for at least 5 mins before pouring the all purpose cream and evaporated milk into the mixture.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix it for at least 15 mins.
4. Add the ham and tuna in the mixture, then add the cheddar cheese. Let it simmer. Then set aside.
5. For the pasta, just follow the direction written on the packaging.
You can either mix the pasta and the sauce right away or just put both on its separate plates.
There you go. That is my Creamy Carbonara recipe!
It was so creamy and tastes so good! I have a mild lactose intolerance and with the amount of lactose I consumed I you can say that I went to the bathroom for so many times that day. But it was so worth it! 10/10 would try again! If you will ever try this recipe, please let me know! I would love to read your feedback.
For more recipes, please click here!
Hi! This is Carla! If you got this far, thank you! I would love to read your thoughts about my post. Feel free to share this to someone who might need it. Keep yourself updated on anything related to my blog by signing up below. Please, support my blog by donating through my Ko-Fi page, kindly click this link or the button below. Have a delightful day! ♡